Mark James, CPC, is the founder and president of HIRE Consulting Services (HCS) established in 1999. He is a Certified Personnel Consultant and the author of "The Interview Mindset: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Your Career!" (2022) Available on Amazon: https://a.co/d/4N7KqJ7. Mark is equipped with over 25 years of experience in Executive Career Management Coaching, Outplacement, and Executive Search Consulting. He is also a quarterly speaker at Operation Connect, a program offered by the North San Diego Business Chamber that provides free business networking events for transitioning military service members. To learn more about Mark, visit www.HireConsulting.com.
What a great episode we had with Mark. We covered so many topics, a few of them are:
· Several of the 6 interview mindsets from his new book, The Interview Mindset: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Your Career, to help you present yourself well in interviews and get the most information about the role and company.
· Your network is your net worth and gave several ideas on how to expand it.
· 96% of search firms use LinkedIn to help find candidates – how you can use the 5-3-1 method to increase your LinkedIn presences.
· The hidden job market is right there in your cell phone and how you can use it.
· Get off job boards and connect with people – that is how you can find that next great job.
· To be most effective in your job search – you need to have a strategy, create a plan and then work it – you are not selling yourself, you are telling about you and the values you bring.
Mark was so thoughtful, sharing and experienced in his comments/tips. I know you will have a much better job search plan after you listen to him. Enjoy and make sure you share this with a friend.