Amy C. Waninger is the Founder & CEO of Lead at Any Level, where she improves employee engagement and retention for companies that promote from within. Amy offers assessments, advisory services, and training on essential skills for inclusive leaders. She is the author of seven books, including Network Beyond Bias: Making Diversity a Competitive Advantage for Your Career.
Amy is a Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity Executive (CDE), and Gallup Certified Strengths Coach. She is also a Member of the National Speakers Association and a Prosci Certified Change Practitioner. She’s been named a Top 100 HR Influencer globally, two years in a row and has served clients and audiences on all seven continents, including Antarctica! Her other credentials include two degrees from Indiana University and a “World’s Best Mom” coffee mug.
Amy shares her personal experience and coaching wisdom on job transitions in this episode. We covered many different tips and ideas on how to find your next job easier and faster. Some of the key points include:
· Why you need to be a good “job leaver” and how to accomplish this.
· What does aiming too low in your job search mean, and ways to avoid this, even if you are financially pressed.
· How can you create a diversified network to support your job search?
· Amy outlined several self-care strategies to help you be more robust and better during your job search.
· How to use job search setbacks to learn and improve your activities and not view them as a failure.
· It is not a weakness to reach out to your network for help – it is an intelligent and effective action.
After you listen to Amy and know her background, you will agree that her understanding of job changes and life transitions are areas she is very accomplished in. I know after you hear this episode, you will have many action steps you will want to implement Monday.